Tuesday 23 February 2016

Craziest air battle in a while


So I was flying the USMC F4U and meant to intercept bombers at about 4,000 m when I saw the most crazy thing of the day (till then):
A red Blenheim climbed up to engage a blue B-25, it even helicoptered (slowed down to a stall while still pointing its nose up)! It did indeed survive this, and kept bugging that B-25 for a whole minute as if it had no gunners.

Later that same match I saw a certain message for the very first time after thousands of matches:
"A player of your team landed on an enemy airfield and surrendered" in big white letters at the bottom of the screen.
WTF???

Oh, well, and the match was notable for another weird thing: All incoming bombers seemed to be Wellingtons, and all of them seemed to chip away a bit more of my engine, hitting no other part of my Corsair, ever.

And last but not least: Heavy AAA kept shooting at my fighter at 5,000+ metres altitude even while it got bombed by actual bombers at low level. It felt like focus fire by heavy AAA whenever I was remotely in range of it.

So much crazy stuff, I got so very much confused and distracted that I needlessly accepted two head-on fights with a Spitfire IIb (both 0-0 with minor damages due to evasive manoeuvres after my initial burst).

No comments:

Post a Comment