Sunday 22 May 2016

Gun convergence



I recommend that link, it says almost everything.


I tend to set convergence as follows:

Fighters with wing-mounted 7.7 mm only: 300 m

Su-2 / BB-1: 400 m (for ground attack mostly)

Most fighters with 20 mm main guns: 500 m (I used to set it to 400 m for a long time)

MiG-15bis: 800 m (only to influence vertical drop)

I had it set to infinite when I was trying to score kills head-on at past 1,000 m in the duel tournament.

Bomber destroyers like the G-6 or G-10 can spray and still kill. Vertical drop compensation is more important than horizontal convergence with them. 600-800 m makes most sense for them, since infinite doesn't compensate for vertical drop and the low muzzle velocity almost forces you to shoot only at less than 800 m.


No comments:

Post a Comment